Capstone Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith
These eight principles inform how we determine which ministries and charitable organizations qualify to receive grants recommended by individual givers. Proposed grant recipients that are ministry related must sign the Statement of Faith. Others may not be required to sign the Statement of Faith, but they may not operate in contravention to it, as determined by our Board.
- We believe that the entire Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God; the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe that the there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and that He was true Man and is true God.
- We believe that in this age, God manifests Himself through the Holy Spirit who is a distinct personality, eternally co-existent with the Father and the Son, whose basic task is to convict sinners, regenerate those who believe, and empower believers to live godly lives and in every way glorify the Father and the Son through His indwelling presence.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, and that He sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is eternal separation from God.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was resurrected in body, ascended into Heaven, currently lives there for us as High Priest and Advocate, and that His personal, physical return to earth is imminent.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting punishment of the lost, and the everlasting redemption of the saved.