Our Staff Boasts Decades of Experience in Management of Billions of Dollars of Assets
The Cause of Capstone
Innovative Services for Christian Charity
Capstone Legacy Foundation exists to provide Christian givers, companies and organizations with tax-efficient charitable gift planning, strategic funding solutions and donor services that are effective, easy to use, maximize the impact of the gifts and provide multigenerational impact.
Capstone Legacy Foundation, a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization, is a Christian Community Foundation based in Philadelphia.
In The Cause of Capstone
Nancy Huston Hansen serves as Chairman and CEO of Capstone, bringing more than four decades of leadership and knowledge of ministries operating in the Philadelphia region and beyond.
As a vice president and director of The Huston Foundation, she has been immersed in the world of Christian ministry leadership and philanthropy. She has served as a board member with many ministries, including Mercy Medical Airlift, Esperanza Health Center, Hi-Kidz International, Inner-City Movement, Resources for Better Families, Mission Media Ministries, Good News Communications, among others.
This vast experience has led Mrs. Hansen to establish Capstone Legacy Foundation as an innovative and effective initiative to meet the needs of donors, ministries, and communities for the kingdom.
Chief General Counsel
Merrill Steiner General Counsel, has been a devoted supporter of Capstone since its inception and has since developed his practice in non-profit law.
Merrill comes from 32 years of experience at major law firms, including his last 18 years at Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young LLP where he specialized in investment management regulation, counseling in mutual & private funds, broker-dealer relationships, investment advisors and securities law. He is a specialist in securities and corporate law practices concerning investment management, regulation and compliance.
Over the years, he has handled multimillion dollar projects for the law firms, including work on the multi-billion-dollar Seabrook nuclear power plant; mergers and acquisition of broker-dealer and mutual fund companies; and international structured-finance financing of mutual fund share distribution agreements.
Merrill served in the Air Force as Judge Advocate and advised commanders concerning contract law, administrative law and military justice. He lives in the suburbs of Philadelphia and is married with 2 children. Raised on the Asian mission field, Merrill has a special commitment to the spreading of the gospel.
Tom Keyser serves Capstone as Chief Financial Officer. Tom is a CPA and has more than 35 years of finance and accounting experience in a variety of industries.
Tom has spent much of his career negotiating multi-million dollar financing and lease projects while being responsible for financial and accounting functions of large organizations. Tom carries this vast experience of developing sophisticated and highly detailed financial reporting systems for management and clients with him to Capstone Legacy Foundation.
Tom’s ministry work included serving on the board of directors of two regional para-church ministries, is active in his church, and has a heartfelt desire to spend the balance of his career serving the Christian community.
Ministry Charity Project Coordinator
Sara Grim, Ministry Charity Project Coordinator, was formerly involved with Capstone’s marketing program. With a heart to serve and help others, she brings this desire to supporting our ministry partners. Previously as an at-home mother, she and her husband Peter raised two sons who are now young adults working in the Philadelphia area. She has been active with her church for the last 22 years, most recently serving as a deacon, Sunday school teacher and volunteering at a Southwest Philadelphia ministry serving at-risk children and their families. She has also served a range of other local organizations, running promotional programs, and supporting leadership in organizational and administrative capacities.
Kevin McKay, Capstone’s Operations Manager, joined Capstone’s team in August 2013. Kevin brings 20 years of business experience in the hospitality and insurance industries. He is active in his church serving as head of the Deacon Board for 17 years, and is active in Boy Scouts of America as an Assistant Scout Master. Kevin is married with four children.
Josh Reedy, Capstone’s Operations Manager, joined our Capstone team in August 2019. He brings an extensive amount of experience from his accounting and banking background. Josh has a bachelor’s degree in Pastoral Counseling from the University of Valley Forge, where he also met his wife of three years, Elizabeth. Together, they serve in their church – she is the Children’s Director and Josh is the Director of Arts. They are also involved in a ministry plant in Spring City, PA called Spring City Regeneration Church. Josh has a heart for effective giving solutions which is part of what drew him to the mission of Capstone.
Capstone Statement of Faith
We believe the entire Bible to be the inspired and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith
- We believe that the entire Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God; the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe that the there is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and that He was true Man and is true God.
- We believe that in this age, God manifests Himself through the Holy Spirit who is a distinct personality, eternally co-existent with the Father and the Son, whose basic task is to convict sinners, regenerate those who believe, and empower believers to live godly lives and in every way glorify the Father and the Son through His indwelling presence.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God, and that He sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is eternal separation from God.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was resurrected in body, ascended into Heaven, currently lives there for us as High Priest and Advocate, and that His personal, physical return to earth is imminent.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting punishment of the lost, and the everlasting redemption of the saved.
Registered in all applicable States nationwide, Capstone is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting charitable wealth management services such as Donor Advised Funds, Ministry Charity Projects, Charitable Gift Annuities, Trusts and other Planned Giving options that provide opportunities to use your wealth to create a legacy.